top of page
Frequently Asked Questions
  • What is a Logo Sign?
    Logo Signs are motorist information signs containing an individual business name / logo. These logos are displayed on a blue specific service background sign along limited access interstates, highways and expressways. Logo Signs service GAS, FOOD, LODGING, CAMPING and ATTRACTION businesses, and provide directional information to the motorist.
  • What is a TODS Sign?
    TODS is an acronym for Tourist Oriented Directional Signs. TODS are 6 feet wide by 2 feet tall sign panels with 3M®/Avery® reflective sheeting that provide business identification and directional information to motorists, day and night.
  • What is the difference between a Logo Sign and a TODS Sign?
    There are a number of differences between Logo Signs and TODS Signs, but the primary differences are: • Logo Signs are available on limited access interstates, highways and expressways — or roadways which require the motorist to exit via a ramp. TODS Signs, meanwhile, are available on at-grade state and U.S. highways — or roadways in which the motorist can exit freely. • Logo Signs are available to GAS, FOOD, LODGING, CAMPING and ATTRACTION businesses, while TODS Signs are available to CAMPING and ATTRACTION businesses only.
  • These signs look state authorized. Are they?
    Yes. Both the Specific Services Sign Program and the TODS Program were designed by the Federal Highway Administration and established by the Indiana Department of Transportation, in cooperation with the Indiana Office of Tourism Development, to provide motorists with directional information to businesses providing services and activities. Indiana Logo Sign Group is a contractor chosen by INDOT to administer both programs.
  • Are these signs effective?
    Extremely. Logo Sign programs have been in existence for over 40 years and motorist-related services rely heavily on them to direct customers to their businesses. Located directly on highway right-of-ways, participating businesses experience high exposure and visibility. Many will attest to sharp increases of customer visits, some as high as 25 percent or more, after placement of their logo panel. TODS Signs, meanwhile, have proven to have an extremely high cost-to-benefit ratio. Indiana Logo Sign Group proudly boasts a 95 percent customer renewal rate each year. Put simply, once businesses acquire signage, they tend to keep it.
  • How much does it cost?
    For Logo Signs, the monthly cost depends on the signage that's available, and the signage that your business needs. Mainline Signs are required for participation, and lease at $165 / month (per sign, per direction). Ramp Signs and Trailblazer Signs are issued on a need basis, and lease at $28 / month (per sign, per direction). ATTRACTION businesses pay $82.50 / month for Mainline Signs (per sign, per direction), while Ramp and Trailblazer signs lease at $14 / month (per sign, per direction). TODS Signs lease at up to $41.60 per month (per sign, per direction).
  • Who supplies my Logo Sign or TODS panels?
    You do. Logo Sign panels may be purchased from us or another approved supplier for a one-time cost. Your logo panel(s) remain your property. TODS Signs may also be purchased from us for a one-time cost of $500, per panel (block white letters on a blue background). Full color logos and trademarks are extra. When it comes to sign fabrication, you have choices. We're happy to provide details regarding your options.
  • How big are the Logo / TODS panels?
    GAS Logo Sign Mainline panels are 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall. FOOD, LODGING, CAMPING and ATTRACTION Logo Sign Mainline panels are 5 feet wide by 3 feet tall. All Ramp and Traiblazer Signs are 2 feet wide by 1.5 feet tall. The size of Logo Sign background panels varies. TODS Signs are 6 feet wide by 2 feet tall.
  • How many Logo Signs are allowed at each exit?
    Federal and state regulations limit the number of Mainline structures to 4 at each exit, per direction. At times, spacing requirements prevent the maximum number of structures from being installed, however. Up to 6 logo panels may be placed on a structure.
  • Do I qualify for a sign at my selected location?
    Unfortunately, both Logo Signs and TODS Signs may not be available at all locations. Federal and state regulations govern sign placement and availability. Further, approved locations may already be at sign capacity when you contact us. We will work with you to research potential sign availability for your business location. If there is no immediate availability, you have the option of being placed on a Wait List. There is no charge to apply or to obtain a position on a Wait List.
  • If there is no sign currently at my exit / roadway, can I get one?
    The Indiana Department of Transportation provides final approval for all new sign installations. If your exit / roadway is found to meet the eligiblity requirements for signage, we will inquire with INDOT about potential sign addition options.
  • Do I get to pick my logo placement on a Logo Sign?
    No. Logo Signs are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Other participating business types may also determine logo placement on structures.
  • Can I get a Ramp Sign without a Mainline Sign?
    No. Mainline Signs are required for participation in the Logo Program. Ramp Signs and Traiblazer Signs are issued as supplemental signage, when necessary.
  • How long will it take for my sign(s) to be installed?
    We use a typical, statewide time frame of 60 to 90 days for Logo Sign installations, and a 120-day time frame for TODS installations. Logo Sign installlations can increase to 120 days when new structure installation is required. Leases do not begin until the first of the first full month that your signs are installed.
  • May I participate if I'm a seasonal business?
    If you qualify as an ATTRACTION or CAMPING business, you may be able to participate in either program seasonally. Indiana Administrative Code regulates which businesses are eligible as seasonal participants. See the Logo Signs page or TODS page for more details. If you do qualify, you need only pay for the months you are open (with a six-month minimum) each year. Your months of operation shall be displayed on or below your panel.
bottom of page